This is the news section of Tidewater Presbytery.
Meetings of Presbytery and General Assembly are listed along with quick links to important PCA Ministries.
The Stated meetings of the Tidewater Presbytery in 2021 shall be on the:
· First Saturday in February
· First Thursday in May
· First Thursday in October
Special meetings shall be called in accordance with BCO 13-12.
Saturday, February 7th, 2021 in the meeting area of:
P.O. Box 9244
Chesapeake, VA 23321
For a map to the church location, click on the Church Name. The business meeting starts at 8:30 am.
48th PCA General Assembly, “Purified to Proclaim,” will be held in Birmingham, AL from June 16 – 19, 2020:
At a special meeting on April 13, the Administrative Committee (AC) of the Presbyterian Church in America approved a recommendation to postpone the General Assembly scheduled to meet in Birmingham on June 15-19, 2020. The recommendation to postpone came from the Moderator, Ruling Elder J. Howard Donahoe, and the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly, Dr. L. Roy Taylor, in the interests of the health and safety of PCA commissioners and their families. Moreover, the AC approved a recommendation to schedule the meeting of the 48th General Assembly for June 29-July 2, 2021 in St. Louis, Missouri, hosted by Missouri Presbytery. They also approved the 49th General Assembly to meet in Birmingham in 2022 hosted by Evangel Presbytery. We invite churches and their members to join us in prayer as we ask for God’s mercy upon the church, nation, and world during this time.
· Click HERE for PCAGA Coronavirus Guidance.
· For Information: pcaac.org/general-assembly/
· For General Assembly Mobile Apps: www.pcaac.org/general-assembly/general-assembly-apps/
All the General Assembly documents – including the Commissioner Handbook and the onsite reports – will be available in May 2021 to registered commissioners using ShareFile. Download the ShareFile app today!
The 47th General Assembly met in Dallas, TX from June 25 – 28, 2019:
· Click HERE to order audio recordings of seminars and worship services.
· Click HERE to see pictures from the 47th General Assembly.
· Click HERE to see the video from the 47th General Assembly.
· Click HERE to see articles and information about the General Assembly from byFaith Magazine.
· Click HERE to see 2019 Exhibitors.